Stay a while
In Autumn each year Glen Innes Highlands welcomes visitors from all over the country for the Australian Celtic Festival. Although there are many accommodation options to suit all travellers and visitors, we encourage you to book early. The below information and links may be helpful when considering booking accommodation.
- Local accommodation in Glen Innes Highlands
- Glen Innes is an RV-friendly town and there is plenty of parking for day trippers. If you don’t own one, consider hiring a campervan and booking a stay locally
- Bring your own campervan, caravan or tent to the Glen Innes Showgrounds
- Regional accommodation in neighbouring towns of New England High Country
- Discover local camping sites with Camplify
- Enquire with LJ Hooker Glen Innes for Homestay Rentals. Ph: (02) 67322326
- Search for accommodation listed on Airbnb
- Day trip from nearby towns and villages:
- Deepwater – 27-minute drive (40.3km) via New England Hwy
- Emmaville – 32-minute drive (42.9km) via Emmaville Road
- Inverell – 49-minute drive to Glen Innes (67.2 km) via Gwydir Hwy
- Tenterfield – 1 hour drive (91.1km) via New England Hwy Accommodation
- Armidale – 1 hour 9 minutes drive to Glen Innes (98.7km) via New England Hwy
Also ask accommodation providers to be put you on a waiting list, then if anything becomes available, they can contact you.
There is parking close to the festival site and around town, and shuttle buses are available from the Visitor Information Centre to the festival site and venues all around Glen Innes.
Some bus companies may be offering bus services from nearby towns as well and this information will be available on our website once confirmed.
Subscribe to our newsletter to hear of new accommodation options as they become available.
Become a Local Homestay Host
Want a chance to make some additional income and support the 2024 Festival? LJ Hooker Glen Innes is now onboarding local homestay accommodation providers to help us offer more bookable options for our festival participants, performers and visitors.
If you have a spare room, granny flat, or vacant home close to town that will be available to accommodate people attending the festival that runs from Thursday 2 to Sunday 5 May 2024, you might be a suitable candidate!
To enquire and start the onboarding process, complete the online form below.
Need help finding
a place to stay?
You can contact the friendly staff at the Glen Innes Highlands Visitor Information Centre who will be keeping up to date with vacancies and any last-minute changes in the lead-up to the festival.
Phone: (02) 6730 2400 or Email: email@example.com.