Request for Expressions of Interest
Australian Celtic Dance Championships Judge
The Australian Celtic Dance Championship competition was established in 2016 with a vision to create a new genre of Celtic Dance, one that could be celebrated by all Celtic dancers at the annual Australian Celtic Festival. Look up “Celtic dance” on Google and you’ll be introduced to Irish dance in many forms, maybe even Highland dance; but our initiative was established with the desire to bring about a fusion of all Celtic styles, whether Irish, Scottish, Cornish, Welsh, or other. The Australian Celtic Festival, while celebrating individual Celtic nations each year, wanted to be able to bring them all together on the dance floor with the country’s only Celtic Dance Championships.
Due to the unique nature of our event, we are looking for a Judge who has the passion to help us pursue our goal of creating a distinctive competition with national acclaim. Stepping away from the usual Irish or Scottish dance perspective, an ACDC Judge still requires a recognition of the nuanced forms and techniques that lend themselves to a Celtic fusion of dance. If you feel that you would like to become an integral part of our Celtic Dance Championships we would love to hear from you.
Please email the Festival Office with the following information:
- Your name and all contact details.
- Your dance accreditation and experience, along with any media links you might feel relevant to our selection process, including referee contact details.
- Your requested fee, including any travel expenses that may be incurred by attending the ACF. (The Festival Office will provide accommodation for your stay with us; however, meals will not be included.)
- We especially want to know why you should be awarded this unique and prestigious judging opportunity, along with any ideas that would add to the overall look and feel of the event to increase the appeal and interest.
- Please also provide confirmation of your agreement to be photographed or recorded during the ACDC event and at the Awards presentation, and your availability for Press interviews.
The Dance Championship winners are announced at the Crystal Marquee venue after the competition is completed; however, prize money and trophies will be presented by the ACDC Judge to the winners at the prestigious Official Celtic Awards Night held at the Glen Innes & District Services Club on the Saturday night of the festival weekend with a ticket for the Judge provided by the Festival Office.
Enquiries regarding the Australian Celtic Dance Championships and Expressions of Interest may be directed to the Festival Office at email@example.com or 02 6730 2404.
We look forward to receiving your Expression of Interest by 31 October 2019.