- Glen Innes Showground is situated between the main street (Grey Street) and the Australian Standing Stones site.
- 15 minute walk to Grey Street
- 15 minute walk to Standing Stones site
- A Courtesy bus operates from the Bourke Street gate Saturday and Sunday cost is $2.00
Showground Caretaker – Rachel Irwin 0408809073
Trust – Patric Millar 0406640593
Email: [email protected]
- Weather is unpredictable in May with mild days and cool evenings.
- Avg. Temperature
- Max.16 degrees
- Min. 4 degrees
- 58% Humidity
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO DO FRIDAY OR SATURDAY NIGHT?
The Showground Trust will be hosting a Soiree with The String Family with gourmet finger food, nibbles and bar on Friday night. Or enjoy a 2 course dinner Saturday night with Spirit of the Glen. Cost is $25 pp per night. A bar with regional wines will be operating both nights.
ONLINE ONLY PRE-BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL
- PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO PAYPHONE AT THE SHOWGROUND. NEAREST IS CORNER OF BARF AND GLASSON STREETS.
- EFTPOS AVAILABLE FOR ADDITIONAL CAMPING FEES NO CASH OUT
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Receipt of payment
- Extension cords & double adaptors, power board with earth leakage equipment (all tagged tested) for powered sites (This applies to tents & camper trailers)
- Wood for fire boxes
- Blankets for cool evenings
- Clothing for potentially four seasons in one day (sun rain cool and if you’re lucky snow)
AUSTRALIAN CELTIC FESTIVAL INFORMATION
Australian Celtic Festival office (02) 67302410 or Glen Innes Visitor Centre (02) 67302400
- There are no site numbers – first in, your choice of site location. Each site accommodates up to four people.
- Check In – Early and Late at the Showground Caretakers premises (last house on right hand side before Torrington Street entry) 6732 3186.
- Day Check in – Inside the Torrington Street gate.
- Entry to the showground is by Torrington Street gate.
- Check out – at your own discretion.
- Pets are welcomed, must be on a leash at all times & droppings picked up.
- No refunds will be granted from cancellations.
- Amenities are well maintained basic showground toilets (45) and showers (20) including disabled access.